We’re getting into the Halloween spirit early in these parts, including Lawrence’s annual Zombie Walk that took place last night. Government contractors should not feel left out, as the CDC has its own Zombie Preparedness emergency preparedness campaign that you can check out.
We’ve also scared up some interesting (or potentially frightening) stories from the government contracting world this week. This week, look for updates about the National Background Investigations Bureau being transferred to Department of Defense, possibilities of the Section 8461 e-commerce effort; and new technology for FOIA reports.
- GSA’s Section 846 CPI: Accessing the possibilities. [FederalNewsNetwork]
- Tackling Both Sides of the Government Innovation Challenge. [GovExec]
- Putting IP Fears to Rest. [NextGov]
- New tool to help federal agencies complete annual FOIA reports. [Federal NewsNetwork]
- Florida Contractor Pleads Guilty to Procurement Fraud. [Justice.gov]
- Navy putting emphasis on faster, more productive SBIRs. [FederalNewsNetwork]
- Defense OIG to investigate Pentagon’s use of PFAS chemicals. [FederalNewsNetwork]