Happy Friday and Happy Halloween! As always, there was a lot of news in the federal government contracting world this week including an announcement from the SBA concerning a new community navigator pilot program which will provide $100 million in funding to 51 organizations to help support local community entrepreneurs. Also, the GSA announced it will be making revisions to its commercial platform initiative. You can read more about these and other federal government contracting related topics in the articles below.
Have a great weekend!
- Investors have a new reason to worry about buying into federal contractors [FedNewsNet]
- Are 2 associations’ questions to GSA about cloud efforts premature or discerning? [FedNewsNet]
- Federal Data Strategy finally gets Year 2 Action Plan [FedScoop]
- State Department to set up bureau for international cyber, emerging tech [FedScoop]
- DISA seeks to flatten leadership structure with reorganization [FedScoop]
- Agency safety and reentry plans varied considerably during initial days of the pandemic, GAO finds [FedNewsNet]
- GSA makes course corrections with its commercial platforms initiative [FedNewsNet]
- DoD leaders say automation isn’t taking over any civilian jobs yet [FedNewsNet]
- Louisville Eyeglass Manufacturer, US Department of Labor Agreement Resolves Alleged Discrimination Affecting 654 Black, White Job Applicants [DoL]
- SBA Administrator Guzman, Biden-Harris Administration Announce Community Navigator Pilot Program Grantees [SBA]
- DoD’s commercial buying challenges [FedNewsNet]
- US Department of Labor Recovers $783,616 in Wages, Fringe Benefits For 14 Contract Workers, Their Union at Jamaica Federal Building [DoL]