Happy Friday! The Autumn trees are really showing off their colors this past week here in Lawrence, Kansas. We are grateful for some nice fall temperatures after the heat of summer. The city is bustling with activity and there seems to be some sort of fall festival every weekend. Also, our attorney-author John Holtz had a good time at the Meet the Buyers Fall 2023 Conference. Thanks to Daniel Kuchar for inviting us!
If you have some down time from all that apple picking and festival going, here’s a few articles that we found very informative this week. Of note are some insights into the draft NDAA and challenges facing SBA. Have a great weekend!
- Pfizer Inc Agrees to Pay $2M to Resolve Alleged Compensation Discrimination at New York City Location
- SBA Administrator Guzman and Business Leaders Reaffirm Support for 8(a) Program
- If it does get passed, the Defense authorization bill has quite a few surprises
- Florida International University Agress to Pay $575K in Back Wages, Interest to Resolve Alleged Gender Pay Discrimination
- Former Navy IT Manager Sentenced to over 5 Years in Prison for Hacking a Computer Database, Stealing over 9,000 People’s Identities, and Selling the Information for $160,000 in Bitcoin
- US Foods Agress to Pay $721K To Resolve Gender-Based Hiring Discrimination Allegations at Fove Locations
- GSA to partner with vendor to bring ‘best-in-class’ facial recognition option to Login.gov
- Federal CISO says White House targeting AI procurement as part of conversation on looming executive order, guidance
- VHA more than doubles FY 2023 workforce growth target, ramps up HR hiring
- Improvements to the Federal Acquisition Regulation Standard Forms in the GSA Forms Library
- Top Management and Performance Challenges Facing the Small Business Administrationin Fiscal Year 2024
- The end of the beginning phase for GSA’s OASIS+ is near
- Senate bill would improve death benefits for civilian feds