Stephanie is an Associate Attorney at Koprince McCall Pottroff LLC. Prior to joining the firm, Stephanie worked as a Staff Attorney for the Office of the Kansas Securities Commissioner at the Kansas Insurance Department. At the Office of the Kansas Securities Commissioner, Stephanie assisted with enforcing the Kansas Securities Act through civil, criminal, and administrative actions, by collaborating with attorneys and investigators nationwide on large-scale matters, and reviewing new and existing offerings for compliance with the Act.
At Washburn University School of Law, Stephanie worked as a student intern for two semesters in the Small Business and Nonprofit Transactional Clinic assisting small and non-profit businesses establish their business. This primarily included drafting Articles of Incorporation and Articles of Organization, drafting Bylaws, assisting non-profit businesses in establishing 501(c)(3) status, and applying for trademarks. Additionally, Stephanie spent three years as a member of the Women’s Attorney Association, serving as treasurer for one year, as well as serving one term as the Communications Chair for the Washburn Student Bar Association. Prior to law school, Stephanie received an undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City.
Stephanie is a long-term Kansas resident and enjoys participating in activities that connect her to the community. In her free time, she can be found spending time with her husband and two children. Stephanie volunteers as a leader for her daughter’s Girl Scout troop. She also enjoys reading, cooking, baking, and traveling anywhere that has a shore and warm water.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- J.D., Washburn University School of Law
- B.A., University of Missouri – Kansas City
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- “Limitations on Subcontracting and the Nonmanufacturer Rule”, Co-Presenter, Texas El Paso APEX Accelerators Webinar 2023.
- “The Essentials for Small Business Government Contracting”, Co-Presenter, Allen Federal Business Partners 2023 Webinar.
- “The Federal Acquisition Regulation 101 (2022 Update)”, Co-Presenter, 2022 Michigan PTAC -Flint & Genesee Economic Alliance Webinar.
- “COFC: Lapsed SAM Registration During Proposal Evaluations Makes Offeror Ineligible for Award”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “DoD FAR Deviation Addresses 8(a) Social Disadvantage Changes”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “Recent NAICS Code Appeal Demonstrates Contractor Strategy to Limit Competition”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “Limitations on Subcontracting: Partial Set Asides”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “COFC Confirms: Mentor Protege JVs from the Same Mentor Can’t Bid Against Each Other”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “COFC Part II: Evaluation of Mentor-Protege Joint Ventures”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “GAO Upholds Low Agency Bar to waive OCI”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “Foreign Ties: SBA Publishes Notice of SBIR and STTR Program Policy Directives Update”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “SBA Publishes Notice of SBIR and STTR Program Policy Directives Update”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “Third Time’s the Charm: Protest Sustained by COFC Due to Failure to Conduct Discussions and Flawed Price Reasonableness Evaluation”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “GAO Sustain: Agency Failed to Document Prior Experience Evaluation”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “New Report Unveils Magnitude of Fraud in SBA COVID-19 Relief Programs”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “Back to Basics: Get in the Zone, The HUBZone”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “GAO: Misrepresentation on Key Person Availability Sinks Proposal”, SmallGovCon 2023.
- “Breaking: SBA Proposed Rule Gives OHA Jurisdiction over HUBZone Status Protests”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Goodbye PTAC, Hello APEX Accelerators”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “GAO Sustains Protest to Best Value Trade Off Where Agency Only Considers “Outstanding” Proposals, Without Weighing Price/Non-Price Factors”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “8(a) Program and EDWOSB: Are they Economically Disadvantaged Twins or Siblings?”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Yes, No, Maybe? Understanding the Reason Behind the SBA- Required Mentor Protege Agreement Questions”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “The Anatomy of a Solicitation: How to Read the Standard Sections of a Federal Solicitation”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Congress Directs SBA to Take Stab at COVID-19 Loan Fraud”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “SBA Issues 2021 Small Business Scorecard, Small Businesses Contracting Over $154 Billion!”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Open to Interpretation? Don’t Guess if Your Joint Venture Agreement Plays by the Rules”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Nonprofit Parent Companies do not Automatically Cause Affiliation for SBA Size Determinations”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Back to Basics: Pre-Award Bid Protests”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Back to Basics: EDWOSB Eligibility”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Should We Discuss This? Agencies Required to Enter into Discussions with All Offerors in Competitive Range”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Top of the Class: 8(a) Early Graduation”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Department of Defense Unveils Plan to Address Effects of Inflation on Contracts”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “New Senate Bill Takes Aim at Organizational Conflicts of Interest”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Limitations on Subcontracting Part 1: What Are They and How They Apply”, SmallGovCon 2022.
- “Control Matters: For SDVOSB Companies, Pay Attention to Appearances as Well as Realities” SmallGovCon 2022
- “Is the End Near? NITAAC Releases CIO-SP4 Amendments 15 and 16.” SmallGovCon, 2022
- “CIO-SP4 Amendments 12,13, 14 Update Submission Date and Experience Reporting Method.” SmallGovCon, 2022.
- “GAO Tested SBA on its Tribal 8(a) Verification Process and Found It Mostly Held Up.” SmallGovCon, 2022.
- “Appeals Court Upholds Preliminary Injunction on COVID-19 Federal Contractor Vaccine Mandate.” SmallGovCon, 2022.
- “Keep Registrations in SAM Current to Avoid Loss of SDVOSB Verification.” SmallGovCon, 2021.