Happy December, All! Can you believe we are almost to the end of 2021? It seems this year has flown by! Hope everyone is recovering nicely from Thanksgiving.
There was a lot of news this week about the vaccine mandate being temporarily halted in several states with the outcome yet to be decided. We have included a few articles addressing the current status of the mandate below.
Also, the Whitehouse and SBA released an announcement concerning increased funding for small disadvantaged business with the goal of increasing the share of contracts by 50% by 2025, that is well worth noting.
We hope you enjoy the articles we have included. Have a great weekend!
- Court orders halt to federal contractor vaccine mandate in 3 states [FedNewsNet]
- FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Announces Reforms to Increase Equity and Level the Playing Field for Underserved Small Business Owners [Whitehouse]
- Senate passes stopgap funding bill, avoiding shutdown [FedNewsNet]
- Who ‘owns’ a services contractor’s workforce anyway? [FedNewsNet]
- Statement by Administrator Guzman on SBA-Proposed Reforms to Increase Equity in Federal Buying [SBA]
- Services contractors gear up for a battle with the Biden administration [FedNewsNet]
- Federal Judge Temporarily Blocks Contractor Vaccine Mandate in Three States [GovExec]
- An unresolved question: Can contractors contribute to candidates’ super PACs? [FedNewsNet]
- KPMG threatened with ban on government contracts in wake of scandals [FNLondon]
- White House says DOJ will defend government’s authority to promote vaccine requirement [Rueters]
- Trade group warns of contractor workforce shortfall over vaccine mandate [FCW]
- Small Business Size Standards: Termination of Nonmanufacturer Rule Class Waiver [FedReg]
- General Services Administration Acquisition Regulation (GSAR); Updating References to Commercial Items [FedReg]
- The NDAA Likely Won’t Become Law Until 2022. That’s ‘Not The End of the World’ [NextGov]