Last week, I tried to see the Comet NEOWISE, but I couldn’t locate it. Guess that’s why I’m a lawyer and not an astronomer! Maybe some of you had better luck. As we move through the dog days of summer, I hope all our readers are staying cool and healthy.
This week saw a number of interesting federal contracting stories. Among them were tallying up record federal spending during the pandemic, cyber hygiene as part of CMMC, and potential waivers for the Huawei ban.
- Record federal contract spending during a pandemic. [Federal News Network]
- Cyber Hygiene is the Key to CMMC Compliance Preparedness. [Nextgov]
- When is a notice not a notice of a proposed contracting action? [dvids]
- DoD Contractor Workplace Safety Data Lacking, GAO Finds. [FEDweek]
- As Huawei ban looms, waivers are an option. [FCW]
- Defense Contractor to Pay Nearly $1 Million to the United States to Resolve Allegation of Overbilling on NSA Contract [U.S. Department of Justice]