Happy Friday, Readers! Hope you have been having a great week and a great start to February! Around these parts, we’re getting geared up for another exciting Super Bowl with our hometown Chiefs and the anticipation is building.
We hope you had a great week and our looking forward to a very nice weekend. We have included a few articles of interest concerning federal government contracting below. Of special note is a new contract management standard and a priority for small business engagement in DoD contracts. Enjoy!
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement: Update of Challenge Period for Validation of Asserted Restrictions on Technical Data and Computer Software (DFARS Case 2022-D016); Extension of Comment Period [FedReg]
- Tampa Man Sentenced To Over Three Years In Prison For Fraudulently Using Federal GSA Smartpay Account Numbers [DoJ]
- Increased contract spending a boon for small businesses [FedNewsNet]
- Civilian federal agencies to adopt new contract management standard [FedScoop]
- DOD instructs acquisition teams to prioritize small business engagement over best-in-class contracts [FCW]
- DOD Announces the Establishment of the Defense Management Institute [DoD]
- Guidance on Awarding Cost-Reimbursement Contracts [DoD]
- Prompt Payment Interest Rate; Contract Disputes Act [FedReg]
- Big questions continue to swirl around CMMC in 2023 [FedNewsNet]
- GSA to start collecting letters of attestation from software vendors in mid-June [FedScoop]
- House lawmakers want VA’s $20 billion-plus electronic health record program to improve or else [FCW]
- DOD’s open cyber recommendations date back to 2012 [FCW]
- Industry voices complaints over short response window for $60B VA recompete [FCW]