Happy Friday to all of our SmallGovCon readers and we hope you had a great week! This week saw some interesting federal contracting developments, such as several announcements from the SBA including an announcement to increase the amount of federal contracting dollars that go to small, disadvantaged businesses as well as the appointment of key Small Business Administration staff. Jay Bonci was also sworn in as the Air Force CTO, this week.
Read on for other news in federal government contracting.
- SBA sees Biden executive orders as opportunity to increase equity in small business contracts [FedNewsNet]
- GSA seeks fresh expertise to help improve transparency around IT spending [FedScoop]
- GSA MAS Refresh #7 Scheduled to Drop in August 2021 [Linkedin]
- US Department of Labor Recovers $1.7M in Back Wages, Fringe Benefits For 81 Employees Wrongly Classified by Defense Contractor in 21 States [DoL]
- $1M bribery scheme paid for Fort Bragg employee’s BMW, feds say. Now he faces prison. [CharlotteObserver]
- U.S. Small Business Administration Announces Key Staff [SBA]
- Jay Bonci sworn in as Air Force CTO [FedScoop]
- In Less Than Two Weeks, Paycheck Protection Program Direct Borrower Forgiveness Portal Surpasses Expectations, Accepts More Than 340K Submissions [SBA]
- U.S. Defense Contractor and Employees Sentenced for Procurement Fraud Scheme [DoJ]
- SBA Administrator Guzman Celebrates Startup Day Across America [SBA]