It promises to be a beautiful (albeit rainy) fall weekend here in Lawrence. We hope that your weekend is shaping up nicely, too.
In this week’s edition of SmallGovCon Week In Review, an update on the National Cybersecurity Strategy, key mistakes small business contractors should avoid, tips on how to get IT contracts, and much more.
Have a great weekend!
- New National Cyber Strategy has dramatic changes for government contractors. [jdsupra.com]
- Key mistakes that small business contractors should avoid. [federalnewsradio.com]
- Former CIO of the US federal government gives tips on how to get IT contracts. [theregister.co.uk]
- The greater Washington, DC area is the largest recipient of contract dollars in the nation. [globest.com]
- GSA issues CAAC Letter to implement a section of John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for FY 2019. [acquisition.gov]
- Air Force terminates contract due to contractor’s ties to U.S.-sanctioned Russian oligarch. [about.bgov.com]
- The way the government resolves fraud allegations is often dictated by how the government learns of suspected wrongdoing. [defenseone.com]
- Department of Labor investigation finds Iowa company violated SCA and CWHSSA and required to pay $678,296 in back wages, overtime, and fringe benefits. [dol.gov]
- Senators call for investigation of FEMA awarding contracts to companies with little or no experience doing the work required. [mcclatchydc.com]