It’s Friday, and that means its time for another round of SmallGovCon updates as you ease on into your weekend. Hope everyone has a great one and enjoys these last few weekends of summer!
Read on for some important updates from the government contracting world, including an amended solicitation for the Alliant 2 Small Business IT contract, discussions about how best to put data in the cloud, and satisfactory CPARS ratings.
- Small business contract to get new requirements, more awards. [FederalTimes]
- New FISMA Report Shows Progress, Gaps in Federal Cybersecurity. [darkreading]
- Government settles alleged False Claims Act Violations against Statesboro business. [savannahnow]
- GSA ‘controversially’ removing refurbished technology SIN during schedules consolidation. [fedscoop]
- Why a ‘satisfactory’ rating is bad thing for contractors. [FederalNewsNetwork]
- Texas defense contractor charged with using cheap, knockoff parts for US military vehicles. [taskandpurpose]
- Intelligence CIOs still figuring out how to be cost-effective in the cloud.[fedscoop]
- GSA extends price data pilot. [FCW]
- NOAA, NASA Launched Next-Gen Satellite With Known Issues, Scrubbed Performance Metrics from Contract. [Nextgov]
- HHS piling on the bad news for its assisted acquisition customers. [FederalNewsNetwork]