Happy Friday, Readers! The lilacs are blooming and this spring seems to be a particularly good year for them. We are enjoying their sweet scent as we stroll through the neighborhood when we get a dry day to do so. April showers are carrying over into May and we are all ready for some sunshine. Fun Fact: Kansas ranks #8 on the sunniest states list according to stacker.com. See how your state ranks here.
There was news this week on the OBM gearing up to implement the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act as well as information on challenges for federal contractors due to wage inflation and the war in Ukraine. You can read more about this and other news in federal government contracting in the articles below.
Have a great weekend!
- GSA Awards New Blanket Purchase Agreements for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Procurement [GSA]
- Defense Industrial Base faces short and long term challenges [FedNewsNet]
- OMB Releases Guidance on Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Implementation [ExecGov]
- United States Files False Claims Act Lawsuit Against Maryland Contractor and Owner [DoJ]
- Military & Government CIOs Talk Cybersecurity, Zero Trust & Cloud [GovConWire]
- OPM’s Ahuja says agencies need to balance speed with ‘doing it right’ for Bipartisan Infrastructure Law hiring [FedNewsNet]
- Biden ends nearly 20-year drought by publicly recognizing 2021 Presidential Rank Awards recipients [FedNewsNet]
- Agency cancels contract with little explanation, and that’s OK [WashTech]
- KCF Technologies, Inc. To Pay $1.2 Million To Resolve Civil Liability For Alleged Violations Of The False Claims Act [DoJ]
- National AI Advisory Committee establishes 5 working groups [FedScoop]
- VA hired 59,000 employees this fiscal year, but still struggles with workforce shortages [FedNewsNet]