Happy Friday! We hope you were able to get out an enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day festivities this week and the start of March Madness. As the hometown of the #1 seeded Kansas Jayhawks, we are especially excited about the NCAA tournament. We have our brackets locked in and are hoping for another fun ride!
It was also a big week in Federal Government contracting! For one, the Whitehouse and SBA released statements on advancing economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in Federal contracting by promoting pay equity and transparency. Also, a major DoD IT contract award is facing a bid protest.
You can read those articles and more below. Have a great weekend!
- ICYMI: On Equal Pay Day, See What Americans Are Saying About SBA Efforts to Empower Women Entrepreneurs [SBA]
- OTAs and beyond: Scaling innovation in Defense contracting [FedNewsNet]
- Army Seeks Proposals for $99M Construction Services Multiple Award Task Order Contract [GovConWire]
- US Department of Labor Will Offer Prevailing Wage Compliance Seminars for Federal Contractors, Contracting Agencies, Unions, Workers [DoL]
- GSA Announces New Director for Presidential Innovation Fellows and Director of Public Engagement for Office of Strategic Communication [GSA]
- White House launches data initiative to help ease supply chain logjams [FedScoop]
- Space Development Agency about to issue solicitation for new missile tracking satellites [FedScoop]
- Sherman: Pentagon’s new CDAO office needs to create ‘decision advantage’ [FedScoop]
- Executive Order on Advancing Economy, Efficiency, and Effectiveness in Federal Contracting by Promoting Pay Equity and Transparency [WH]
- Is the GSA throwing sand in the gears of the multiple award schedule machinery? [FedNewsNet]
- Major DoD IT contract award unsurprisingly faces bid protest [FedNewsNet]
- FACT SHEET: Biden Harris Administration Announces Commitments to Advance Pay Equity and Support Women’s Economic Security [WH]
- Grant fosters innovative technology to adapt disabled veterans’ homes [FedNewsNet]
- Don’t underestimate the power of relationships in the federal market [FedNewsNet]
- U.S. Small Business Administration and Public Private Strategies Institute Announce Launch of New Engagement Series, Building a Better America: A Small Business Resource Community [SBA]
- Statement by SBA Administrator Guzman Observing Equal Pay Day 2022 [SBA]