Hello, Readers! Can you believe we’re more than halfway through December already? The holidays are upon us! Houses are decorated with twinkling lights. There’s a chill in the air (a relief after the odd 70 degree and high winds that hit the Midwest recently). Items are flying off of store shelves. Hopefully despite all that hustle and bustle, you’re getting to enjoy quality time with your loved ones.
The hot topics in government contracting this week include some new vaccine mandate lawsuit updates, cybersecurity measures, and a push for the federal government toward clean energy and sustainability. We also have one festive topic for you – ICE is on the hunt for holiday scams. Read about these topics and more below, and for even more information and news related to federal government contracting, check out our blog.
Best of luck with those last minute holiday preparations this weekend!
- Federal contractors find, sometimes you just have to outwait a problem [FedNewsNet]
- Air Force Releases Draft RFP for Follow-On Mission Planning Support Contract [GovConWire]
- Lansing-Based Research And Development Firm Pays $500,000 To Resolve Federal Contract Fraud Allegations [DOJ]
- OMB offers new guidance on federal contractor vaccine mandate, as compliance ticks up for feds [FedNewsNet]
- While the elves prepare for Christmas, ICE is on the hunt for holiday scams [FedNewsNet]
- DISA is ending milCloud 2.0 in June [FedScoop]
- Congress passes defense policy bill with boosts to R&D and cybersecurity [FedScoop]
- Transforming Digital Services: A Fedscoop Special Report [FedScoop]
- Federal agencies have until Dec. 24 to apply fixes for Log4Shell vulnerability [FedScoop]
- PF 2022-14 Nationwide Preliminary Injunction on Vaccine Mandate for Federal Contractor Employees [DOE]
- Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability [Federal Regiser}
- A bill codifying FedRAMP finally makes it to the Senate floor [FedScoop]
- Changes to make federal procurement more equitable is missing key ingredients [FedNewsNet]
- Deputy Defense Secretary Lauds Achievements of DOD’s Acquisition Workforce [DOD]
- Coronavirus Roundup: Where the Biden Administration’s Vaccine Mandates Stand; Possible Mandatory Booster Shots for the Military [GovExec]