Good day, Readers! The holidays are quickly approaching and everything is looking festive and bright here in Lawrence, Kansas. The annual tradition of Santa being recued from the roof of one of our local department stores occurred and you will be happy to know that he is safe to circle the globe once again this Christmas. You can see photos of this fun, annual tradition here. It’s always quite a spectacle!
As always, there was a lot happening in the world of federal government contracting this week. The biggest news being that a federal judge has temporarily halted the vaccine mandate for federal government contractors. You can read more about this latest development and some interesting statistics that were issued on federal government contracting, along with other announcements in the articles below, as well as our blog post.
Have a great weekend!
- Comptroller General Bid Protest Statistics – 25 Years of Fiscal Year Data [Wifcon]
- U.S. court temporarily halts Biden’s vaccine mandate for federal contractors nationwide [CNBC]
- US Government contractor trends in 2022 [EntTimes]
- The Federal Government Is Making a New Investment in Women-Owned Small Businesses [GovExec]
- Why Government Suppliers Will Struggle to Meet CMMC Requirements [NextGov]
- Government Ethics Czar to Feds: Remember to Be Wary of Gifts This Holiday Season [GovExec]
- Former Ft. Bragg Employee Pleads Guilty to Bribery [DoJ]
- Guidance Issued on Biden Contracting-Procurement Order [FedWeek]
- USAID putting new money towards making sure developing countries have enough COVID-19 vaccines [FedNewsNet]
- FACT SHEET: President Biden Signs Executive Order Catalyzing America’s Clean Energy Economy Through Federal Sustainability [WhiteHouse]
- Pentagon to reshuffle leadership roles for AI, data, digital services [FedNewsNet]
- Biden sets zero-emission goals for federal buildings, vehicles in executive order [FedNewsNet]
- Alliedbarton Security Services LLC Agrees to Pay More Than $1.1M to Resolve Gender, Race-based Pay Discrimination Allegations at New York Location [DoL]
- Defense Contractor Cybersecurity: Stakeholder Communication and Performance Goals Could Improve Certification Framework [GAO]