On behalf of CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services), the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and the Professional Services Council (PSC) will host a 90-minute virtual industry-led discussion, with our very own Nicole Pottroff as a presenter. The webinar will provide an in-depth look and interactive conversation regarding CMS procurement protests–the common factors and considerations contractors take into account when deciding whether to protest CMS procurement decisions, when to protest them, where to protest them, etc.–and what actions CMS program and contract officials could take during the procurement process to reduce the likelihood of a preventable protest and help ensure fair and transparent competitions and acquisitions. Topics may include:
• Current protest trends at CMS and comparisons to HHS and other civilian agencies;
• Recompetes v. new requirements – understanding the incumbent advantage and how to ensure fairness for all;
• Joint Venture (JV) and Mentor-Protégé JV arrangements and small business set aside decisions;
• Price realism / avoiding the “race to the bottom”;
• Best value trade off decisions v. Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) evaluations;
• Different types of evaluation methodologies (e.g., oral presentations, coding challenges, self-score cards, etc.);
• What makes a quality debrief; and
• Industry answers to Government questions regarding protests.
Please register here for this informative event.