Happy Friday, Readers. It’s sad that summer is coming to an end but the good news is that fall is upon us which means it is time for cool weather, falling leaves, and football! It seems everyone is filled with optimism at the start of the season. Here’s hoping your favorite team is victorious and in between games here’s a few interesting articles on what’s going on in federal government contracting this week.
Have a great weekend! Go Team!
- Class Deviation—Limitations on Subcontracting for Small Business [DoD]
- 2021 Growth Accelerator Fund Competition and SBIR Catalyst Competition Result [SBIR]
- Defense Wants to Know More About Potential Barriers for Small Businesses Contracting [NextGov]
- Where does waste, fraud and abuse in the military stand after Afghanistan? [FedNewsNet]
- Minimum Wage for Federal Contracts Covered by Executive Order 13658, Notice of Rate Change in Effect as of January 1, 2022 [FedReg]
- Five Ways 9/11 Changed the Defense Industry [GovExec]
- Questions Linger on Vaccine Mandate for Federal Contractors [GovExec]
- Pentagon official says CMMC changes will be finalized ‘very soon’ [FedNewsNet]
- Industry’s patience wearing thin with DoD’s CMMC, GSA’s follow-on to OASIS [FedNewsNet]
- Air Force software platform expansion stalled by cybersecurity concerns [FedScoop]
- Parkville Man Pleads Guilty to $335 Million Fraud, $615,000 Tax Violations [DoJ]
- One contractor learned that it’s a bad idea to bribe federal officials [FedNewsNet]
- Former Walter Reed department head pleads guilty to federal charge [FedNewsNet]
- SBA Announces Entrepreneur, Investor, and Award-winning Entertainer Jennifer Lopez to Headline National Small Business Week Virtual Summit 2021[SBA]