Happy Friday the 13th! It seems very fitting to have a Friday the 13th fall in the month of October, right? The pumpkins are being gathered from the patches in preparation of carving and I see Halloween decorations everywhere I go.
It’s also conference season at SmallGovCon.com. I was in Iowa last month, John Holtz is headed to Nebraska next week for the Fall Meet the Buyers Government Contracting Conference and Nicole Pottroff will be going to Oklahoma the following week for the ICBS Conference. Please come out to see them if you are in the area.
Some interesting articles this week, including new cybersecurity rules, small business updates, and the continuing resolution. We hope you have a safe Friday the 13th!
- FAR Council updates whistleblower protection, small business rules
- The reason why the Air Force pulled the plug on a huge cyber contract may surprise you
- Credit for Lower Tier Subcontracting and Other Amendments
- Ownership and Control and Contractual Assistance Requirements for the 8(a) Business Development Program: Correction
- Diversity in government contracts still falls short of equal opportunity for disadvantaged firms
- Empowering Female Entrepreneurs: Tips For Success During Women’s Small Business Month
- Navy discourages military generative AI, LLM usage
- Out with the old, in with the new, as the Army tries new pilot program to off load some of its expired equipment
- Navy Awards 9 Companies Positions on $600M NAVFAC Construction, Repair Contract
- New Army chief of staff targets ‘the network’ as top modernization priority
- New rule sets stage for banning risky technologies from government supply chains
- What the continuing resolution still leaves unresolved
- Ownership and Control and Contractual Assistance Requirements for the 8(a) Business Development Program; Correction
- SDTX and RI USAOs jointly resolve False Claims Act violation