Happy Friday blog readers! Hope you are having a nice week. Kick back and relax with the latest federal contracting updates.
This week saw some important federal contracting updates. SBA has proposed increasing its size standards for certain industries, among them agriculture, mining, some construction industries, as well as transportation and finance and insurance. Additional stories include a contracting officer sentenced for accepting bribes and GSA working on a new small business IT contract. Read on for the details.
- Small Business Size Standards: Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting; Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction; Utilities; Construction [Federal Register]
- Small Business Size Standards: Transportation and Warehousing; Information; Finance and Insurance; Real Estate and Rental and Leasing [Federal Register]
- Former Federal Government Contract Officer Sentenced to Prison for Accepting Bribes [DOJ]
- GSA begins work on new small business IT contract, Polaris [Fedscoop]
- SBA Wants to Make 50,000 More Small Businesses Eligible for Federal Contracts [Small Business Trends]
- DOD Acquisition Chief Praises Reform Milestone [DOD]
- Federal Acquisition Regulation: Inflation Adjustment of Acquisition-Related Thresholds [Federal Register]