Happy Friday, Readers! Next week is Thanksgiving and we have a lot to be thankful for here at Koprince McCall Pottroff LLC, especially with everyone remaining healthy this year. It’s time to break out the stretchy pants and feast on the traditional turkey and pumpkin pie along with watching a few football games, a parade or two and, if we are lucky, we might just get in a nap, as well.
There was a lot of news in federal government contracting, this week. Here are some articles we found particularly interesting, including updates on cybersecurity (including CMMC), some new GSA GWACs, and a potential Stopgap Spending Bill.
Have a great weekend.
- GSA developing tool to analyze new GWAC data [FedScoop]
- Congressional Leaders Concede Another Stopgap Spending Bill ‘Likely’ as Negotiations Remain at Standstill [GovExec]
- GSA previews major upcoming GWACs, new Services MAC [FedNewsNet]
- GSA says vast majority of contractors agree to implement vaccine mandate [FedNewsNet]
- DoD picks Amazon, Microsoft, Google and Oracle for multibillion dollar project to replace JEDI Cloud [FedNewsNet]
- Report: 20% of Defense Contractors at Risk for Ransomware Attack [NextGov]
- Class Deviation—Requirements for Nonavailability Waiver Determinations Under the Buy American Statute [DoD]
- DHS chief information security officer wary of Pentagon’s changes to CMMC [FedNewsNet]
- NASA might need to change its name to the space and food agency [FedNewsNet]
- CISA issues cybersecurity incident, vulnerability response playbooks for federal agencies [FedScoop]
- GSA funds 14 digital projects with $150M from American Rescue Plan [FedScoop]
- Contractors seek clarification on government cyber standards [FedNewsNet]
- Texas Man Pleads Guilty to Selling Chinese-Made Military Helmets and Body Armor to Federal Agencies [DoJ]
- An Overview of Small Business Contracting [CRSReport]
- PF 2022-08 Reminder Regarding Effective Dates for Including the COVID Contract Clause in Federal Contracts [OoM]
- PSC Comments on Amendments to the FAR Buy American Act Requirements [PSC]