Happy Friday! Next week is Thanksgiving and we want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support of SmallGovCon. We always strive to provide helpful content and we appreciate all the wonderful feedback that we have received from our readers. We hope you have a great Thanksgiving and are able to spend some time with friends and family.
This week in federal government contracting news include a plan to fund the government (hear that one before?), AI and its effect on government, and new GSA acquisitions.
- The healing power of dogs for vets
- The misguided attacks on the 8(a) program must end
- Meetings: Interagency Task Force on Veterans Small Business Development
- Local veteran to speak at the US Senate about veteran-owned small businesses
- Meetings: National Small Business Development Center Advisory Board
- How the New AI Executive Order Will Impact Government’s AI Landscape
- COMET recompete, Polaris protests keep acquisition exciting in early fiscal 2024
- This New Senate Bill Will Give Veterans a Break on Some SBA Loans
- Getting better deals for the government
- GovCon M&A Deals ‘Rebounding’ After Slow Period—Dispatch from 2023 Baird Conference
- House Approves Bill to Keep Government Funded Past Saturday
- Ernst Works to Meet Needs of Veteran Entrepreneurs