Happy Memorial Day! Please take some time this weekend to remember those veterans who have sacrificed for our country.
And amidst the fun of kicking off summer this weekend, you can read up on some of the latest happenings in government contracting. In this Memorial Day edition of the SmallGovCon Week in Review, you can read about GSA’s new e-commerce platform, a new federal civilian cloud platform, and whether cyber security failures can lead to a false claims case.
- How to support veterans and service members this Memorial Day in ways that actually make a difference. [Mic.com]
- HUD Is Hunting for Vendors for the Next Phase of the Centers of Excellence. [Nextgov]
- DISA eyes $170M in savings from Fourth Estate consolidation program. [FederalNewsNetwork]
- Court Allows Cybersecurity Fraud Case Under Federal False Claims Act. [SecurityBoulevard]
- OMB proposes creation of acquisition modernization test board. [ExecutiveGov]
- Federal Acquisition Service has fixed IT pricing problems found in 2016 audit, report says. [fedscoop]
- GSA digs into details for planned e-commerce portal. [FCW]
- DOD, civilian cloud office app contracts advance. [GCN]
- Agencies Agree to Do More to Identify Contractors With Tax Debts. [Nextgov]
- Thornberry unveils potential punishments for DoD’s slow implementation of acquisition reforms. [FederalNewsNetwork]
- Why OMB is ushering us into the second golden age of acquisition reform. [FederalNewsNetwork]