This week on the blog we continued to bring you coverage of COVID-19 related issues, including some timely updates on SBA’s extension of the deadline to return funds under the Paycheck Protection Program.
But there was much more federal contracting news this week, including articles about a fill-in for the 8(a) STARS II vehicle, restructuring of government IT procurement units, and a proposed new COVID-19 relief bill that could help federal contractors.
- GAO: DHS Needs More Oversight for Service Contracts. [nextgov]
- Federal Whistleblower Says Boss Pushed Him to Purchase Drugs That Hadn’t Been Tested in Humans. [theintercept]
- NITAAC says it can fill in for STARS. [fcw]
- Concerns Raised about Service Contractors’ Role at DHS. [fedweek]
- It’s official: Roat is the new deputy federal CIO. [federalnewsnetwork]
- Construction loses record-breaking 975K jobs in April amid pandemic. [constructiondive]
- Navy to divide PEO EIS into two new offices for enterprise IT acquisitions. [fedscoop]
- USDA approves $1.2B in Contracts for farmers to Families Food Box Program. [aberdeennews]
- Contractor Group Praises New Stimulus Proposal; VA Releases Mental Health App. [goveexec]