This week on the blog we continue to bring you coverage of federal government contracting news as government agencies search for solutions to cyber security challenges and, in response, contractors enhance their own cyber defenses.
Here are a several other happenings in federal government contracting news for this week, including an announcement from Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman, head of the U.S. Small Business Administration, announcing the latest application data results for the $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF), passed as part of the American Rescue Plan.
Have a great weekend.
- Recovery for the Smallest Restaurants and Bars: Administrator Guzman Announces Latest Application Data Results for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund [Whitehouse]
- Four recommendations for contractors in response to the president’s FY 2022 discretionary budget request [FedTimes]
- How Defense contractors are preparing for cybersecurity certification [FedNewsNet]
- GSA claims success of TDR pilot, but industry experts not sold [FedNewsNet]
- GSA leads rise in automation projects government-wide [FedScoop]
- Twin Brothers Sentenced For Major Fraud Against The Government [DOJ]
- Agencies on the clock to fix long-standing cyber challenges [FedNewsNet]
- Watchdog Suggests 112 New Actions to Enhance Government Savings and Efficiency [GovExec]
- Man Admits Committing Mail Fraud while Serving Federal Sentence for Previous Fraud [DOJ]
- JUST IN: Pentagon Officials ‘Doubling Down’ on Acquisition Reform [NatDefMag]