As the nation and world continue to take measures to respond to the COVID-19 threat, the federal government and federal contractors will have important roles to play, along with state and local governments, businesses, organizations, families, and individuals. As is clear from this week’s news, the federal government is ramping up its response to the crisis; federal contractors will be called on to step up in many areas.
Particularly noteworthy this week are stories about the challenges of doing classified work remotely, updates on CMMC cybersecurity standards and the impact of coronavirus on implementing the standards, as well as how the coronavirus is affecting the operations of different parts of the government.
- Are federal facilities prepared for COVID-19? [fcw.com]
- Coronavirus Impact on Pentagon’s CMMC Program is Unknown. [govconwire]
- American Small Business League beats DoD and Lockheed in Federal Court and recovers $500,000. [businesswire]
- Primes, subs won’t face the same CMMC security requirements on all contracts. [fedscoop]
- Disaster loans could help small businesses affected by coronavirus. [gao.gov]
- Coronavirus spread may affect CMMC implementation efforts. [fcw.com]
- News About the Outbreak that Matters to Feds. [govexec]
- When Your Work Is Classified, ‘Work From Home’ Doesn’t Work. [defenseone]