Happy Independence Day to all of our SmallGovCon readers! I hope you are able to share some time with family and friends and observe the 4th in a way that means the most to you. Stay healthy and safe.
In this short week, there were still some interesting federal contracting developments. These included debate on National Defense Authorization Act and other congressional initiatives such as the ban on equipment from certain Chinese companies, some challenges for Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification, and GSA announcing awards for the government e-commerce portal.
- Military Contractors Hide the True Cost of War: Report. [thefiscaltimes]
- Government agency tests $6 billion market with three e-marketplaces. [digitalcommerce360]
- House Committee Leader Wants Oversight of Pentagon’s Handling of Banned Chinese Gear. [nextgov]
- NDAA is not the only congressional activity contractors are watching. [federalnewsnetork]
- Achieving CMMC Compliance: Navigating Unchartered Waters. [cpomagazine]
- NASA Watchdog Reports on Why the Agency Still Struggles with Cybersecurity. [nextgov]
- House NDAA presses DoD to get serious about sustainment costs. [federalnewsnetwork]
- Amazon, Overstock, Fisher Scientific win lucrative e-commerce portal contracts. [bnnbloomberg]