Here in Lawrence, KS, we’re starting to prepare for March Madness–our hometown Hawks are number 1 in the nation. But government contracting is never far from the minds of our attorney-authors. Next week, on March 5, 2020, Nicole Pottroff will be discussing the Buy American Act, Berry Amendment, and Trade Agreements Act for a Govology Webinar. Be sure to put that one on your calendar.
This week saw some intriguing updates in the government contracting world, including a great piece about the father of the 8(a) Program, the security clearance backlog and what is being done about it, and GAO reverting back to its old website.
- Overstock.com withdraws protest of GSA’s commercial e-marketplace solicitation. [fedscoop]
- DoD warns vendors about fake third-party CMMC certifiers. [federalnewsnetwork]
- The man responsible for more black millionaires. The Father of the 8(a) Program. [linkedin]
- Former Veterans Affairs worker sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for role in bribery scheme. [thedenverchannel]
- Data Center Issue Prompts GAO to Revert Redesigned Website Back to an Old Version. [nextgov]
- What FedRAMP wants to improve this year. [federaltimes]
- Following redesign, GAO’s public website goes down. [fedscoop]
- The future of the healthcare federal supply schedules. [federalnewsnetwork]
- How can agencies ensure their data is protected when it’s not on their network? [federalnewsnetwork]
- Contracting Officer Sentenced to Prison for Bribery and Procurement Fraud Scheme. [justice.gov]
- VA looks to enhance mental health app for transitioning veterans. [fedscoop]
- Progress on security clearance backlog is real, but federal contractors still seeking end-to-end solutions. [federalnewsnetwork]
Looking for the latest government contracting legal news? Sign up for our free monthly newsletter, and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.