Happy Friday, Readers. I hope this has been a productive week for you. We have been very busy here at SmallGovCon moving into the fall season. Living in a college town always brings a sense of energy and excitement as the students return for the fall semester.
The SBA made announcements this week about a new webinar series they are launching concerning the challenges of inflation on small businesses as well as a new program addressing cybersecurity infrastructure. You can read more about that, as well as other federal government news, in the articles we have included below. Have a great weekend!
- SBA Administrator Guzman to Announce Return of Government Contracting Education Initiative for Women Entrepreneurs, ‘ChallengeHer’ [FNCP]
- Contractors say this latest labor proposal aims to fix a non-existent problem [FedNewsNet]
- Labor Department to Unveil Online Tool for Construction Contract Award Notifications [ExecGov]
- U.S. Small Business Administration, Small Business Majority Announce New Collaboration & Webinar Series to Help the Small Business Community Navigate Today’s Economic Challenges [SBA]
- SBA Administrator Guzman Announces Grant Awardees for New Pilot Program to Bolster Cybersecurity Infrastructure for Emerging Small Businesses [SBA]
- President’s NSTAC advisory committee proposes real-time monitoring of operational technology across federal agencies [FedScoop]
- National Weather Service seeks IT expertise to develop next-gen water prediction capabilities [FedScoop]
- ‘Stay vigilant:’ Agencies issue warnings, take new steps to combat wave of threats against feds [FCW]
- How federal agencies, contractors can effectively consolidate contracts [FedNewsNet]
- CEO Closes $28 Million Government Contract — ‘It’s The Way to Go For Black Entrepreneurs [BLKENT]
- How government procurement creates a snowball effect for corporate climate action [GrnBiz]