It’s back to school week here in Lawrence. Kind of like parents doing a back to school shopping spree, the federal government’s spending calendar is also seeing more activity. The fourth quarter of the government’s fiscal year regularly sees a big spike in government spending.
Here is a roundup of some interesting happenings in government contracting world, including the draft STARS III IT solicitation for small businesses and new IRS procurement methods.
- GSA announces STARS III IT contract for small businesses. [fedscoop]
- Wilbraham business owner agrees to pay $1.3 million to federal government to settle false-claims case. [Masslive]
- DOJ not joining whistleblower’s False Claims Act case against companies with Navy contracts. [legalnewsline]
- IRS tries agile acquisition for data tools. [FCW]
- Department of Defense develops plan to correct contracting practices. [HomelandPrepNews]
- New tool to help contractors comply with federal workplace discrimination rules. [federalnewsnetwork]
- Guilty pleas in government contract furniture bid scheme. [woodworkingnetwork]
- Labor Unveils New Resources to Boost Contractor Hiring Compliance. [NextGov]