As I drove into work today, the redbuds are in full bloom. The purple flowers are the first to appear, after a long, cold winter and it’s a pretty sight and a sure sign that spring is here. Hope you are able to enjoy some nice spring weather this weekend and immerse yourself in the beauty in your part of the world.
But before you start the weekend, catch up on some key news in the federal contracting world. This included contractors anticipating the next big spending bill, new picks for leaders at DoD acquisition and GSA, and DoD seeing increased interest in its Defense Innovation Unit.
- Contractors are already organizing as they anticipate the next big spending bill [FedNewsNet]
- DoD initiates CMMC review — big deal or perfunctory? [FedNewsNet]
- Audit of DoD Hotline Allegation Concerning U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command Billings to Customers [DOD]
- Bidder Pleads Guilty to Rigging Bids at Online Auctions for Surplus Government Equipment [DOJ]
- State of the market: Marketing communications in FY21 [FedNewsNet]
- Navy planning 4 major tests for network integration in 2021[FedScoop]
- DIU’s Mike Brown is Biden’s pick to head DOD acquisition [Fedscoop]
- Creating opportunities for small businesses [FedNewsNet]
- Biden Taps Former Missouri Secretary of State to Lead GSA [Govexec]
- Commercial Interest Grows in Defense Innovation Unit [NatDefMag]
- SBA Launches Portal to Begin Accepting Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Applications on April 8 [SBA]