It will be a great weekend to celebrate Mother’s Day and show all those hard working moms out there some appreciation. We hope you can get out and enjoy the wonderful spring weather and make the day special for the mothers in your life. As a wise person once said:
“A Mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod.
For those moms who are into federal contracts, and all others in the contracting world, here’s what’s happening in federal government contracting news, this week.
- Independent Contractor Status Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Withdrawal [FedReg]
- Small Business Administration HUBZone Program [CRSReports]
- What the Executive Order Requiring Federal Contractors to Pay a $15 Minimum Wage Will Mean [GovExec]
- Pentagon officials debut innovation steering group [DefSys]
- Former employee at Sandia National Laboratories pleads guilty to mail fraud and theft [DOJ]
- Tungsten Heavy Powder of San Diego Agrees to Pay $5.6 Million to Settle False Claims Act Allegation [DOJ]
- 2020 FEVS: What we learned about the federal workforce during COVID-19 [FedNewsNet]
- Whistleblower protection bill gives feds facing retaliation avenue for relief outside MSPB [FedNewsnet]
- President Biden reaches out to federal employees during Public Service Recognition Week [FedNewsnet]
- Watchdog Alleges ‘Turf Battles’ Over Pandemic Oversight [GovExec]
- Audit of SBA’S Oversight of Women’s Business Centers’ Compliance with Cooperative Agreement Financial Requirements [SBA]