March Madness begins today and as residents of a city where basketball reigns supreme (Lawrence, Kansas) I can tell you that we are all beyond excited about the NCAA tournament. We have our brackets completed and locked in so let the games begin!
We are also seeing signs of Spring as the temperatures are warming, the rain is falling and the plants are starting to look green and bright after a long, cold winter. It’s a season of change which is also true in the world of government contracting with the announcement of a new SBA Administrator. Here are some highlights from this week.
- Isabella Casillas Guzman Confirmed as 27th SBA Administrator [SBA]
- GovCon Expert Mark Amtower: 2.028M Feds on LinkedIn & Why This is Important to GovCon Execs [GovConWire]
- DoD’s new Adaptive Acquisition Framework takes new approach to tailoring procurement strategies [FedNewsNet]
- Government agencies harness RPA ‘bots’ to build capacity, improve services [FedScoop]
- Chaos, cash and COVID-19: How the defense industry survived — and thrived — during the pandemic [DefNews]
- Former Construction Company Owner Indicted for Defrauding Federal Program Intended for Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses [DOJ]