Do you need a SBA size protest attorney? If you are considering challenging a competitor’s size status, or you need to defend a protest against your own small business size, SBA size protest attorney Steven Koprince and Petefish, Immel, Heeb & Hird, LLP can help.
Steven Koprince has successfully filed and defended many SBA size protests. Steven is well-versed in the SBA’s complex size and affiliation regulations, as well as the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals case law interpreting those regulations. As your SBA size protest attorney, Steven can help you maximize your chances of a successful SBA size protest or SBA size protest defense.
SBA Size Protest Attorney Services
- SBA Size Protest Analysis. If you are contemplating filing a SBA size protest, you are probably wondering: what is my likelihood of success? Petefish’s SBA size protest attorneys will review your situation and provide you with a full and frank analysis of the risks and benefits of proceeding with a size protest.
- SBA Size Protest Technical Review. Filing a SBA size protest is not necessarily as easy as it seems. Short timeliness rules, “specificity” requirements and technical filing rules can cause the SBA to dismiss a potentially meritorious size protest, or lead the protester to miss a viable action of attacking a competitor’s size. Petefish’s SBA size protest attorneys can help ensure that your size protest is timely, meets all technical filing requirements, and makes all appropriate arguments about why your competitor is not a small business.
- SBA Size Protest Preparation and Filing. Maximizing the potential for a successful SBA size protest requires a strong and well-written protest document. Citing SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals case law and other applicable laws and regulations, Petefish’s SBA size protest attorneys can prepare a thorough and compelling SBA size protest on your behalf.
- SBA Size Protest Defense Review. If a competitor has filed a SBA size protest against your company, you only have a few days to put together a response. Petefish’s SBA size protest attorneys can help you review the size protest allegations, walk through the complex SBA Form 355, and develop a comprehensive strategy to defend your small business status.
- SBA Size Protest Defense – Preparation and Filing. When your small business size status is under attack, it is no time to cut corners. Without an effective response, you could lose your ability to win small business set-aside contracts, and even be terminated from socioeconomic programs like the 8(a) Program. Petefish’s SBA size protest attorneys draw on the SBA size regulations and SBA OHA case law to provide a strong response defending your small business status—and your contract award.
- SBA Size and Affiliation Rules Compliance. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” goes the old saying. When it comes to your small business size status, the saying holds true. If you are concerned that your company may have an affiliation or other size status problem, don’t wait until a SBA size protest lands on your desk to deal with it. Petefish can help you correct any issues now, so when a competitor files a SBA size protest in the future, you won’t have to worry that you might lose your contract.
SBA Size Protest FAQs
- Do I need a lawyer to file or defend a SBA size protest? No. The SBA size protest rules do not require a size protest to be filed or defended by a lawyer. However, you should strongly consider hiring an experienced SBA size protest attorney to file your protest, or defend against a competitor’s size protest. Working with a size protest attorney can help you avoid complex technical pitfalls and present a much stronger case to the SBA.
- Do I need to travel to Washington, DC to file a SBA size protest? Does my SBA size protest attorney need to be located in Washington, DC? No and no. Regardless of whether you file a SBA size protest on your own or hire a size protest attorney, neither you nor your attorney needs to travel to Washington, DC. SBA size protests may be filed from anywhere in the world by email or facsimile, and SBA size protests are decided without any in-person argument. Petefish’s location outside Kansas City does not affect our ability to file or defend SBA size protests—and our low overhead allows us to perform size protest work at lower rates than charged by many attorneys in Washington.
Contact Petefish’s SBA Size Protest Attorneys
If you need SBA size protest attorney services, do not delay. Call Steven Koprince and Petefish, Immel, Heeb & Hird at 785-843-0450 or contact Steven by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.