Haley is a Senior Associate Attorney with Koprince Law LLC. Haley’s practice covers a wide array of legal issues pertinent to federal government contracts law. To this end, Haley relies on prior experience working in and with federal and state government agencies and entities to help clients move through administrative processes. Haley also uses her skills in contract drafting and legal research and writing to provide clients with thorough and thoughtful feedback and assistance. In addition to her attorney role at Koprince Law, Haley is also the Social Media Director for the firm and the SmallGovCon blog.
Before becoming a part of Koprince Law, Haley attended the University of Kansas School of Law, where she was an active participant on the school’s National Transactional LawMeet Team and Executive Note and Comment Editor of the Kansas Law Review. During Law School, Haley also worked in Washington D.C. as a law clerk to the Library of Congress Office of the General Counsel. Prior to attending KU Law, Haley received her B.A. in History from Kansas State University.
Haley is a lifelong Kansas resident. Despite attending both of Kansas’ rival schools, Haley will always cheer for the K-State Wildcats. In her free time, Haley enjoys traveling in an attempt to reach all fifty U.S. states, visiting art and history museums, and baking.
Haley may be contacted by telephone at (785) 200-8919 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Court of Federal Claims
- J.D., with Media, Law, and Technology certificate, University of Kansas School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, Kansas State University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
- “WOSB Certification Changes.” Presenter. GovCon Women.
- “Understanding and Obtaining the SBA’s WOSB and EDWOSB Certifications.” Co-Presenter. Govology Webinar.
- “Understanding, Obtaining, and Leveraging the SBA’s 8(a) Certification.” Co-Presenter. Govology Webinar.
- “PPP Loan Payback? Safe Harbor Provision Lets Companies Pay Back “Unnecessary” Loan Money.” SmallGovCon, 2020.
- “UPDATE: Too Little, Too Late? SBA Updates Guidance on PPP Safe Harbor the Day Before May 14 Deadline.” SmallGovCon, 2020.
- “Newsflash: The Final Rule Implementing SBA Certification for WOSBs Is Here!” SmallGovCon, 2020.
- “SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program: What’s Going On with Affiliation?” SmallGovCon, 2020.
- “This Just In! SBA Provides Updates on WOSB Certification Changes.” SmallGovCon, 2020.
- “Email Isn’t Instant: GAO Dismisses Case Where Proposal was Four Minutes Late.” SmallGovCon, 2020.
- “Certification and More: Upcoming Changes for SBA’s WOSB Program.” NCMA Contract Management Magazine, Dec. 2019.
- “SBA Proposes Changes to 8(a) Contract Procurement Process.” SmallGovCon, 2019.
- “Breaking News: SBA (Finally!) Proposes Regulation Extinguishing WOSB Self-Certification.” SmallGovCon, 2019.
- “GAO Declines Jurisdiction Over the “Other Transactional Agreement” Evaluation and Award Process.” SmallGovCon, 2019.
Recent YouTube Videos
- “COVID-19 Contractors’ Toolkit: Top 4 Tips for Government Contractors.” YouTube, 2020.
- “GovCon Basics: What is a Small Business?” YouTube, 2020.
- “WOSB Certification: Changes Coming July 2020.” YouTube, 2020.
- “Name That Contract: Bridge vs. Follow-on Contracts.” YouTube, 2020.
- “GovCon Basics: What is a WOSB?” YouTube, 2020.
- “GovCon Basics: Working Together- Interactions Between Set-Aside Designations.” YouTube, 2019.
- “GovCon Basics: “Alphabet Soup”- Small Business Set-Aside Acronyms.” YouTube, 2019.
- “GovCon Basics: What Is a NAICS Code?” YouTube, 2018.
- Assisted applicants to the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program in preparing Social Disadvantage Narratives.
- Prepared and revised Joint Venture Agreements and Operating Agreements for joint ventures seeking to utilize member set-aside status.
- Prepared and revised Mentor-Protégé Agreements for applicants to the SBA’s All Small Mentor-Protégé Program.
- Reviewed and prepared teaming and subcontract agreements related to set-aside procurements.
- Successfully protested improper agency award decisions due to evaluation errors at GAO resulting in corrective action or sustained protest.
- Achieved change of solicitation’s applicable NAICS code through OHA NAICS Code Appeal.