Can you believe it’s already August? Pretty soon, kids will be heading back to school . . . and agencies will begin their fiscal year-end buying spree. In the meantime, we hope you’re enjoying some summer serenity.
Let’s ease into the weekend with the SmallGovCon Week In Review.
In this week’s edition, we’ll explore the government’s growing contracting spend, the government’s planned move away from SAM.gov, an IT procurement fraud ring, and more.
- KC-area contractors looking for cybersecurity training might consider this free workshop. [MO PTAC]
- Federal Contract Spending Grew 9% in 2018, Increasing for the Third Straight Year. [GovExec]
- New data shows the soaring cost of government contracts. [FederalTimes]
- Move away from WORST WEBSITE IN GOVERNMENT delayed for fourth time. [FederalNewsNetwork]
- IT procurement fraud ring targets federal agencies. [FCW]