It’s time for the best part of the week: the SmallGovCon Week in Review!
In this week’s edition, the Deputy Secretary of Defense discusses the importance of cybersecurity in DoD procurements, a California company was ordered to pay back wages under the Service Contract Act, upcoming changes to startup contracts with the Air Force, and much more.
Have a great weekend!
- DoD releases new cybersecurity strategy. [Fedscoop]
- California company to pay back wages after they violated federal contract provisions of the SCA. [dol.gov]
- The world’s richest person weighs in on commercial technology acquisitions. [Fedscoop]
- Air Force will soon announce a series of “Startup Days” involving startup companies in Air Force acquisition by awarding contracts in less than 24 hours. [defensenews.com]
- Public and private officials met to discuss how to use innovation from protecting critical assets to reforming acquisition methods. [washingtontechnology.com]
- In the new fiscal year, agencies will have access to automated contact center technologies and services through the General Services Administration’s IT Schedule 70. [nextgov.com]
- A father and son are sentenced to prison and ordered to pay over $1 million in restitution for fraudulently winning government contracts. [justice.gov]