Ian is a Senior Associate Attorney with Koprince Law LLC. Ian’s practice focuses exclusively on federal procurement law.
Before attending law school, Ian studied Chemistry and Political Science at the University of Minnesota. He also previously worked in manufacturing at a small press shop in the Minneapolis area. At Koprince Law, Ian leverages his technical background and experience to assist clients in manufacturing fields and other complex industries.
Ian helps clients understand and comply with the complex regulatory provisions unique to federal contracting, including the FAR, DFARS, SBA small business regulations, and others. He also assists clients by developing, reviewing and negotiating joint venture agreements, mentor-protégé agreements, subcontracts, and other critical documents.
Ian is also a seasoned government contracts litigator, having played a key role in numerous GAO bid protests and SBA size and status protests, and matters before the Boards of Contract Appeals and U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Ian has also litigated appeals before the SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals and protests before the FAA’s Office of Dispute Resolution for Acquisition. When not working, Ian plays Guitar in the KU Law School faculty band, The Moody BlueBooks. Ian is also an avid race fan.
Ian can be reached by telephone at (785) 200-8919 or by email at email@example.com.
- J.D., The University of Kansas School of Law
- B.A., The University Minnesota: Morris
- “Successful Protester Paid upon Receipt of Costs – If Only it Were So Easy.” The Procurement Lawyer, 2017.
- “Offeror Unintentionally Files Size Protest, Confuses SBA OHA.” Westlaw Journal Government Contract, 2017.
- “8(a) Program: Will Supreme Court Take Rothe’s Constitutionality Case?” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “8(a) Program Survives Court Challenge – But Battle Could Continue.” SmallGovcon, 2017.
- “GAO: Procuring Agency Needn’t Disclose Inter-Agency Consultation.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “Is a Lease a CDA “Contract?” Federal Circuit Says Yes.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “Agency Insists on Subcontract with OEM: GAO Agrees.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “8(a) Program: Loan Must be “Bona Fide” to Reduce Net Worth.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “Federal Court Protest Causes GAO Dismissal.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “SDVOSB Fraud: “Pass-Through” Voided Contract, Says CBCA.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “Offeror’s Winning Bid of $0.00 Was Acceptable, Says GAO.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
- “Government Control” Didn’t Affect Electronic Proposal Timeliness, Says GAO.” SmallGovCon, 2017.
Recent YouTube Videos
- “8(a) Program: “Bona Fide” Loans and Net Worth.” YouTube, 2017.
- “Government Control Didn’t Affect Electronic Proposal Timeliness, Says GAO.” YouTube, 2017.
- Served as lead drafting attorney on a GAO protest of a procurement with a contract ceiling of $5 billion.
- Utilized technical background to successfully argue merits of an awardee’s technical proposal on a roughly $80 million procurement.
- Developed factual background and drafted successful protest of an ineligible awardee’s SDVOSB status.
- Negotiated favorable settlement regarding liquidated damages on a construction project.
- Drafted social disadvantage narrative resulting in admission into the 8(a) program.
- Researched and developed persuasive memorandum regarding unresolved applications of the non-manufacturer rule for submission to the contracting officer in support of small business set aside determination.
- Drafted multi-member Joint Venture Agreement and associated corporate documents with Small Business Administration regulations.
- Established teaming agreement between small business prime and large business subcontractor.
- Provided advice regarding organizational conflict of interest concerns and other FAR requirements.