Government contracts attorney Steven Koprince, the Managing Partner of Koprince Law LLC, is a regular speaker and consultant on SBA size and affiliation issues, FAR compliance, SBA size protests and appeals, GAO bid protests, and other government contracting matters.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
For information about Steven’s future speaking events, visit the upcoming events page.
Recent Speaking Engagements
Steven’s recent speaking engagements include:
- “Two Is Better Than One: JVs, MPs, and Teaming Agreements.” National 8(a) Conference, Orlando, FL
- “The Ins and Outs of the Nonmanufacturer Rule.” NVSBE 2016, Minneapolis, MN
- “SDVOSB Joint Ventures: A Legal Primer.” NVSBE 2016, Minneapolis, MN
- “SBA Size and Socioeconomic Programs: Myths vs. Realities.” NVSBE 2016, Minneapolis, MN
- “Effective and Compliant Teaming Agreements.” NVSBE 2016, Minneapolis, MN
- “SBA Size and Socioeconomic Programs: Myths vs. Realities.” Meet the Buyers Government Contracting Conference, Omaha, NE
- “Myth vs. Reality: SBA Size & Socioeconomic Programs.” APTAC Spring Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- “Government Contracts: Key Labor & Employment Rules.” Kansas PTAC, Overland Park, KS.
- “The Buy Indian Act: 106 Years (And Counting) of Frustration.” Govology Webinar Series.
- “SDVOSB JVs, Teaming & Subcontracting.” National Veterans Small Business Engagement, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “The Ins and Outs of the Nonmanufacturer Rule.” National Veterans Small Business Engagement, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “The SBA’s Proposed New “Universal” Mentor-Protege Program.” National Veterans Small Business Engagement, Pittsburgh, PA.
- “The NDAA, SBA’s Proposed Regulations, and Beyond.” Utah PTAC Procurement Symposium, Salt Lake City, UT.
- “The NDAA, SBA’s Proposed Rules, and Beyond.” ATPAC Spring Conference, Denver, CO.
- “SBA Procurement Regulations: Big Changes are Coming.” Northwest Alliance Procurement Symposium, Puyallup, WA.
- GAO Bid Protests.” National Veterans Small Business Engagement, Atlanta, GA.
- “Teaming & Joint Venturing on Federal Set-Aside Contracts.” Holloman AFB Industry Day, Alamogordo, NM.
- “Communicating With Government Contracting Officials.” Holloman AFB Industry Day, Alamogordo, NM.
- “GAO Bid Protests.” Navy Gold Coast Conference, San Diego, CA.
- “Joint Venturing & Teaming on HUBZone Contracts.” National HUBZone Conference, Dulles, VA.
- “Prime/Subcontractor Teaming Agreements.” Indian Country Business Summit, Norman, OK.
- “Government Contracts Legal Update 2014.” 18th Annual Government Procurement Conference, Arlington, TX. “Government Contracts Legal Update 2014.”
- “The Legal Benefits and Pitfalls of Teaming.” Fort Bliss Regional Contracting Industry Day, Fort Bliss, TX.
- “Joint Ventures vs. Prime/Sub Teaming.” 10th Annual Veterans Economic & Business Development Summit, Riverside, CA.
Invite Steven Koprince to Speak at Your Event
Government Contracts Training & Consulting
Government contracts attorney Steven Koprince provides individualized training and consulting services to federal government contractors.
SBA Size and Affiliation Consulting
Does your company have a SBA size standard problem? The SBA size and affiliation rules can be complex and confusing, leading some companies to wonder whether they truly qualify as small.
Koprince Law can help reduce your SBA affiliation risks by performing a top-to-bottom audit of your company’s ownership, management, and contractual relations. Based on our experience with SBA size protests, SBA size appeals, and SBA size determinations, Koprince Law’s attorneys can review your company’s size much like the SBA would, and offer you strategies to correct any size or affiliation problems, before they result in an adverse SBA size determination.
Find out more about Koprince Law’s SBA size and affiliation consulting services.
Federal Acquisition Regulation Training
Complying with the Federal Acquisition Regulation is a “must” for any government contractor, but the FAR is more than 2,000 pages in printed form. How can any business–particularly a small business–be expected to know all the rules?
Koprince Law Managing Partner Steven Koprince is the author of The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts, a book explaining many of the most important FAR regulations and other rules government contractors must follow. Based around the chapters in the book, and customized for your individual needs, Steven can provide your employees with the critical FAR training they require.
Organizational Conflict of Interest Training
Avoiding organizational conflicts of interest is essential to success as a government contractor, but sometimes, a written OCI mitigation plan may not be enough. Koprince Law can provide your employees with training on the FAR’s OCI restrictions, GAO and federal court case law interpreting those restrictions, and best practices and policies for avoiding, neutralizing and mitigating OCIs.
Giving your employees formal OCI training not only helps avoid OCIs, but may help demonstrate to procuring agencies that your business takes its OCI obligations very seriously.
Find out more about Koprince Law’s Organizational Conflict of Interest training.
FAR Ethics Training
The FAR imposes many ethical restrictions on contractors, from kickbacks to contingent fees to gifts. Koprince Law LLC can provide FAR ethics training to your employees, helping them understand their ethical obligations–and helping your company demonstrate to the government that it is fully committed to FAR ethics compliance. And if your company requires a formal FAR ethics plan, Koprince Law can help you draft and implement one.
Find out more about Koprince Law’s FAR ethics training.
Service Contract Act Training
Does your company perform services for the federal government? If so, the Service Contract Act probably applies to you. Through Service Contract Act training sessions, Koprince Law LLC can help you decipher your Service Contract Act obligations, from identifying which employees are covered by the Service Contract Act to determining how much you must offer those employees in terms of wages, fringe benefits, vacation time, and paid holidays.
Davis-Bacon Act Training
If you are a construction contractor for the federal government, the Davis-Bacon Act likely applies to your work. Through Davis-Bacon Act training sessions, Koprince Law LLC can help you meet your Davis-Bacon Act obligations, from identifying which employees are covered by the Davis-Bacon Act to determining which worksites count for Davis-Bacon Act purposes.
Begin Your Government Contracts Training
To find out more about Koprince Law’s government contracts training and consulting services, contact us by telephone at (785) 200-8919 or by email at email@example.com.